Moving is a big task, and there’s a lot to think about. One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make is how to transport your belongings from your old home to your new one. Hiring a moving truck is often the best option if you’re moving a long distance.
This post will talk about the basics of moving truck hire, including what to look for when renting one and what to expect when driving it. So read on if you’re interested in taking this route!
What to Look for When You’re Hiring a Moving Truck
- Make sure you choose the right size truck for your needs. If you underestimate the amount of stuff you need to move, you’ll make multiple trips and waste time and money. On the other hand, if you overestimate, you’ll pay for space you don’t need.
- Compare rates from different companies. Don’t just go with the first company you find – shop around and compare rates to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Ask about additional fees. Some companies will charge extra for insurance, fuel, or parking permits. Be sure to ask about these before you sign any contracts.
Following these tips will help ensure that you have a smooth experience when hiring a moving truck.
DIY Moving With Moving Truck Hire
Moving Vehicle Rental Expenses
Moving can be a stressful and costly experience, especially if you hire professional movers. However, there is a way to save money and simplify the process: renting a moving truck.
Truck rental companies offer vehicles of all sizes, so you can choose one big enough to fit all of your belongings without being too difficult to drive.
In addition, most truck rental companies offer various additional services, such as insurance and GPS, which can help make your move even easier.
And best of all, by doing it yourself, you can avoid the high costs associated with professional movers. So if you are planning a move, be sure to consider renting a moving truck. It may just be the best decision you make.
What to Expect
One of the most crucial decisions you’ll have to make if you’re doing it yourself is how to move everything—whether moving homes or simply changing apartments, relocating may be an anxiety-inducing experience. There are a lot of details to consider. It includes everything from packing up your possessions to getting them from one location to another.
One option is to hire a moving truck. It can be a cost-effective way to move, but it’s important to know what to expect before signing on the dotted line.
With a little planning and preparation, hiring a moving truck can be a great way to save money on your next move.
- First, make sure you’re familiar with the rental company’s policies and procedures. Some companies require that you return the truck on the same day you rented it, while others give you more flexibility.
- You’ll also need to factor in the fuel cost – remember, you’re responsible for getting the truck back to the rental company, so you’ll need to budget accordingly.
- Finally, be prepared for a bit of a learning curve when driving the truck. It’s not as easy as it looks, so take some time to get comfortable behind the wheel before hitting the open road.
Tips on How to Make Your Move Day Run Smoothly
Moving day is always a stressful event, but there are some things you can do to make it run more smoothly.
- First of all, give yourself plenty of time to pack and label everything clearly. To save time and avoid confusion on moving day, pack your boxes according to rooms – for example, put all the kitchen items in one box and all the bathroom items in another.
- It’s also a good idea to make a list of everything going into each box, so you can keep track of everything as it’s being loaded onto the truck.
- Finally, have plenty of snacks and drinks on hand for yourself and the movers; after all, everyone works better when they’re well-fed! By following these simple tips, you can help make your move go as smoothly as possible.
No matter the type of move you’re planning, we can help make your move as smooth as possible. Give us a call today!
If you’re looking at rental vehicle options for your next move, we have what you need. We have the best rates offering a fair pricing structure and a variety of trucks and vans for you to choose from. Our vehicles trucks can be driven with a standard car license, are automatic and come with air conditioning and a power steering. We are conveniently located at 149 Smeaton Grange Road, Smeaton Grange.
We also offer van hire options.
About Southern Cross Truck Rentals
We’re the truck rentals Sydney guys you need – complete with trolleys, blankets, and ropes available for hire too.
If you’re looking for a moving truck hire for DIY removals, we are your one-stop-shop. Whether you need a small removal van or ute to move small items or a larger truck that will fit the whole house in one go, we’ve got a range of vehicles to suit.
Our Range Of Trucks For Hire
Moving Truck Hire Sydney
You can compare the cost of engaging a removals company and hiring a truck with our moving truck price comparison.
Rent Moving Equipment With Your Truck
Moving house doesn’t just require a truck. It would be best to have boxes, ropes, blankets, and trolleys to move everything, secure it all in the truck, and make sure your furniture doesn’t break on the journey. At SCTR, we have a range of equipment to make your move easier. We have these items for hire:
- Ropes for securing items
- Blankets for protecting your fragile goods
- Trolleys to make the heavy lifting easier
Hire A Truck Driver
Moving house can be a stressful job, no matter how close or far you’re going. If you need to hire a truck too large for your driver’s license, we can organize a truck driver to do the work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do I Need to Bring to Rent a Truck?
- Meet the renting location’s minimum driver age requirements which is 21.
- Bring a valid driver’s licence of the correct class (C-class, Light Rigid, Medium Rigid, Heavy Rigid)
- Bring a credit card in your name. Note that Southern Cross Truck Rentals require a rental bond in addition to the cost of rental amount.
- Bring mean of payment: we accept cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Can I Choose the Model of Truck I Want?
Yes, subject to the availability our rentals team will allocate the vehicle accordingly. When making your reservation, just let us know what you usually drive and we’ll aim to provide an exact or similar replacement vehicle.